Some of you may have caught wind of the I Didn’t Mean to be Kevin free Kindle giveaway that is currently going on now through August 28th. What you may not know is that I am also planning to post details about the giveaway—details such as the giveaway totals and the tactics I used to make people aware of the giveaway—every evening here on my blog as part of my Book Marketing Tests and Studies category. This post serves as the second in the 5(ish) part series.
For full details about the test, see the first post here.
Day 2 tactics
- I was informed by a generous friend that $50 has been donated to promoting a Facebook message about the giveaway. Thanks to you, anonymous SuperPac donor.
- 12:00 am (CST): Goodreads CPC ad at a $0.50 CPC bid and a $5 daily cap.
- 5:28 pm: I sent an email blast to my 145 email newsletter subscribers. I assume many of these subscribers already caught wind of the giveaway via my 8/24 whorings, so I was sure to include a bit of an apology at the front of the email.
Day 2 results
As of 9:15 pm, 8/25/12, the metrics are:
- Total copies downloaded: 677
- Daily highest rank (that I happen to screen-capture) in the free Kindle store: #607
- Daily highest rank (that I happen to screen-capture) in the book’s category/genre (which is Fiction > Literary Fiction): #23
How am I feeling after this second day?
Still pretty great. I’ve over half way to my download goal of 1,000. Though I’ve dropped some places in the free Kindle store ranking, I’ve gained a position in to overall Literary Fiction category. I do think, however, that I’ve about exhausted any distribution lists, so now I’m having to rely on word of mouth.
Subscribe to my amazing, hilarious YouTube channel. Just click the button below.
Consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Think of it as a way to tell a friend “I’m thinking of you.”