Some of you may have caught wind of the I Didn’t Mean to be Kevin free Kindle giveaway that is currently going on now through August 28th. What you may not know is that I am also planning to post details about the giveaway—details such as the giveaway totals and the tactics I used to make people aware of the giveaway—every evening here on my blog as part of my Book Marketing Tests and Studies category. This post serves as the third in the 5(ish) part series.
For full details about the test, see the first post here.
Day 3 tactics
- 11:08 am: Sent tweet using my personal account, my literary news aggregator account, and I hijacked The Velvet account for this one message.
- 11:31 am: Posted about the giveaway to The Cult and Lit Reactor forums.
- 11:46 am: Shared link to the Day 1 results on Stumbleupon, Digg, Delicious, and Reddit. I mostly mentioned the test itself in these links, not the giveaway specifically, so I don’t anticipate too much response from these.
Day 3 results
As of 8:59 pm, 8/26/12, the metrics are:
- Total copies downloaded: 798
- Daily highest rank (that I happen to screen-capture) in the free Kindle store: #860
- Daily highest rank (that I happen to screen-capture) in the book’s category/genre (which is Fiction > Literary Fiction): #24
How am I feeling after this third day?
Good. I think the download goal of 1,000 copies is achievable. However, the free Kindle store rank continues to drop, and I’m back at #24 in the overall Literary Fiction category. Fingers crossed for a big Monday.
Subscribe to my amazing, hilarious YouTube channel. Just click the button below.
Consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Think of it as a way to tell a friend “I’m thinking of you.”