Below is a collection of my blog posts about this very topic, culling from my years as an SEO (that’s Search Engine Optimizer) for an interactive marketing agency. Subscribe to the SEO for Authors category feed to stay updated on new posts.
Skip down to the bottom of this page for a running list of other articles about authors spreading SEO knowledge.
SEO for Authors
Authors need to know how to optimize their web presence for search engines. SEO for Authors aims to do just that. Why do authors need to know about search engine optimization? So that when readers are using a search engine to find information related to an author’s work, the author’s website, social profiles, Amazon author page, Wikipedia page, and others have the best possible chance of appearing.
- Micro-Syndication Magic: How to Annoy Many People At Once Using Social Network Syndication
- Book Metadata. Let the Algorithm Sell Your Books For You. A Primer.
- They Know Your Name, but They Aren’t the Ones You Want. Directional Marketing for Authors
- I lost $ 75.48 on a Facebook ad campaign, and you can too! -OR- Can Facebook ads sell books? Quick answer: no. Long answer: noooooooooooooooo.
- How can authors use Google Analytics Events Tracking to understand their readers?
- Choosing the right blogging platform for an author: it’s all about scripts and Google Analytics.
- How to standardize your author name for search engines
- Stranger Will tour stop #6: HTMLGiant
- I talk the role of social media in the author’s career (then I tweet, blog, Facebook, etc. about it)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Authors
- Resurrecting the Author Career, Returning to Whisky and Words
Subscribe to my amazing, hilarious YouTube channel. Just click the button below.
Consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Think of it as a way to tell a friend “I’m thinking of you.”